Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A Review of GE Digital Camera X5 Power Series

Before I proceed to my review of GE Digital Camera X5 Power Series, let me first describe the features of this cheap but quality semi DSLR camera. I think it's a semi DSLR camera because of it's functionality.

SPECIFICATIONS of  GE Digital Camera X5 Power Series


  • 14.1 megapixel
  • 15 x optical zoom
  • color black
  • smile detection, blink detection, face detection, pancapture
  • 2.7" LCD
  • 3200 ISO
  • Face Auto Exposure
  • Auto Scene

    GE Digital Camera X5 Power Series
INCLUDED ACCESSORIES
  • USB cable
  • shoulder strap
  • AA batteries
  • lens cap
  • lens cap cord
  • CD-Rom Software
  • manual


These Sony Cycle Energy AA Batteries are not the original ones that my brother bought together with the camera. I already changed the batteries and bought these on http://www.lazada.com.ph/ In the future I am going to make a review of these batteries.

My brother purchased this camera way back 2011 as a remembrance from his Christmas Bonus. He then, gave it to me since I really love taking pictures.

This GE Digital Camera X5 Power Series is CHEAP but HIGH QUALITY. It's already 2017 and up to now I'm still using it. It's still on a very good condition. The price of this camera at that time was around 200 US dollars.

The features were made simple. It's very easy to use. It was like a "baby DSLR camera". Whenever I'm using it, my friends usually tease me that I have a DSLR camera and that I'm rich haha. Because, in the Philippines DSLR cameras are expensive. I just told them that it wasn't expensive and it's not a DSLR camera.

The pictures are so clear. You can easily change the settings. Because of this camera, I am usually the "Lady Photographer" in our family. During occasions, they always ask me to bring my GE X5 camera. They say in Tagalog, "Ikaw na ang photographer dahil maganda ang camera mo." It means that I should be the photographer since I have a good quality camera.

The only downside of this camera is that the shooting performance is really slow. Also, photos tend to be blur in low-light conditions. That's why I always use FLASH to prevent blurry photos. But for as long as you will read and fully understand the manual, you can take advantage of it's good qualities. Good quality pictures are not necessarily the outcome of an expensive DSLR camera. I know few persons in my Facebook account who use NIKON DSLR, CANON, etc. but they're pictures are of poor quality. I'm not saying that NIKON and CANON DSLR cameras are good-for-nothing. What I'm saying is that, no matter how expensive your camera is, if you will not understand it's features it will definitely produce blurred or poor quality photos. It all depends on how you will use it.


As for me, GE Digital Camera X5 Power Series is worth buying because of it's cheap price, good performance and durability. Hey I'm already using it for 6 years and counting!!



the box
the box


the box

No comments: